Monday, July 9, 2012

MTC Rain Smells like Raisins



5:45 am Wake up and beat the morning rush for a warm shower
6:35 Gym - sand volley ball or gym (OH and you CAN bring headphones! thank goodness I broke that rule... you can use them in the underground gym here at the MTC!)
8:10 Breakfast
8:40 Study, study, study, study... and maybe a 3 hour class of study...
12:50 pm Eat... again...
1:35 Feel sick from eating lunch
1:36 Study, study, study, study... and maybe a 3 hour class of study AGAIN...
5:45 Guess what! We get to EAT AGAIN
6:30 3 hr class or maybe some TALL (Spanish computer learning program)
9:00 pm Plan for tomorrow’s Spanish and eating schedule
9:30 finally go back to resident hall and try to get ready for bed and write in your journal (if you can remember what happened...)
10:15 Silent time = talk with roommates about everything we can possible talk about and laugh super crazy cause we're literally going crazy if we weren't crazy already...
10:30 - 11pm Try to sleep with a million amazing great things flying through your mind!

This is the best schedule ever! At first... it's crazy... and then it's more crazy.... and then, it's just your daily schedule.  We have other things like one preparation day and Sunday and a Devotional on Tuesday nights.

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! We got to go crazy! They let us stay up passed our "bed time" (meaning till even after 10! Woo) and watch the fireworks.  We had a great program with music, speakers (one of the mish had the most amazing announcer voices I've ever heard from a kid his age!), bagpipes, flags, and ice cream.  After the program we stood outside in a mob of missionaries.  It seriously felt like we were from the 50's.  Late night out, all the girls are wearing skirts or dresses, the boys and girls don't touch each other, everyone's super polite, the boys are all dressed nice... it was... back to the future.  It was a great 4th.  You couldn't have a better night with great new friends and glow sticks and missionaries!

Our zone said goodbye to our oldest district yesterday.  They were supposed to be heading out to Argentina, but they've gotten placed in Colorado and Texas for now.  At least they don't have to stay here for an 11th week... We'll miss them a ton.  We get a new district today. The lucky ducks got to come in today instead of the 4th of July Wednesday (new mish usually come in on Wednesdays). Little baby mishes... I can't wait to meet them and throw all my amazing Spanish at them right away so they think I'm way good! jaja! Kidding... maybe. 

I LOVE people.  I've never loved people so much in my life...

We (my hermanas that I'm going to the CCM (MTC) in Guatemala with on Tuesday) get to sing on Sunday in our branch.  I'm in a Spanish branch... strange to say, right?  It's awesome.  I bore my testimony on fast Sunday in Spanish last week.  It wasn't perfect but it was my only chance to do it here at the MTC so I had to!

SO since we're traveling on Tuesday, I get to call my family in the airport!! I got a calling card and everything! I'm super excited!

My comp and I are working hard.  It's been tough because we're at really different levels of speaking Español, pero it's been a great teaching experience.  I can feel myself get into mish mode, so if I come home and try to convert everyone, just bear with me, cause I'm training to be a "kick-butt" missionary (as Melissa put it...)

Entonces, when I look into my closest... it shrinks every day, I swear... I have no clothes! Okay, I have some... but really... no.  There's like nothing to wear... good thing I'm not trying to impress anyone here... I'd be in a panic! JA!

I'm so excited to go to the CCM.  I'm so grateful that the 4 of us hermanas are all going together (well Hermana Canfield leaves wed and we 3 leave Tues).  We've become amazing friends.  It feels like we've known each other way longer than 2 week! WOW I can't believe it's only been two weeks... that can't be right... I think I'm starting to understand why our "time" on earth doesn't match up to God's time....

Spanish is coming.  I am learning so much.  I can teach lessons in Spanish.  Poorly, but I can't expect perfection (yet, jaja)

I'm pretty sure they are squeezing an 8th day in somewhere in the MTC weeks... especially with getting up to early and going to bed so late...

(Quick note: the teachers here are... well, amazing.  They build us up so high.  Plus I think they hire teachers here based on skills and looks... if you know what I mean.  It's amazing that there's such a difference between these return missionary teachers and our new missionaries here training.  It shows how much we can progress in such a short time.)

Thank you for the letters this week!  dearelder.com is amazing! serious! DO IT.  They are amazing in the MTC because we get them every single day, pretty much the day you write them! They were so awesome to receive.

Though I don't have much time to miss you, I really do!  I love you all and thanks for your support and love!

Te Amo!

Hermana Schumacher

(PS if you want to send me something, keep in mind that I love stationary to write letters and Chapstick and mints)

No comments:

Post a Comment