Sunday, June 2, 2013

Where in the world is Hermana Schumacher??? San Blas - Carti Tupile Isle 5-16-13

Hey, tomorrow I’m headed out to San Blas!!! Booooyyaaa! I’m in the office so I decided to just shoot you a message. I’ll be back in 5 weeks and then I’ll be somewhere... who knows and then I go back to Blas. Soooo wish me luck with sleeping in a hamaka and eating nuts and cereal every day and learning Kuna! I’m pretty stoked. My comp is from Guatemala and I’m sending her home this change. She’s awesome and super chill. I’m so excited and pumped. Last night and tonight we’re staying in a house with my old comp, her apt is in the city in Marcasa. She’s training now... it’s like we just switched lives. I’m taking her place in Blas and now she’s training. I’m going to the island called Carti Tupile. It’s well civilized compared to the islands that the Elders go to.... but it’s still super super Blasy. I’m sooooo excited. I’ll write you hand written letters while I’m there so that I remember to keep you up to date on stuff, but I can’t send them for 5 weeks. Last night we went with Pres to a Costco like store and bought a couple hundred dollars worth of food to take with us. Tomorrow morning we drive in a car for 3 hours and afterward we take a boat out to the island. The Elders left today but they take a plane to get out there. Wow, one elder who was in my zone a change ago looks like a skeleton now! haha. They don’t eat much out there.... I wanna have Otherside of Heaven stories to tell to everyone! haha We’ll see! I love you tons! If I die out there, at least we know I died working for the Lord!

Hermana Schumacher

Don’t forget to email Pres when J gets his call! so that he can call me!!!! He’ll do it if you tell him. Pres is leaving this next change! How wierd is that!

Mom Notes:

Jakob has submitted his mission papers so he should receive his call in a couple weeks.

We will not hear from her until June 20th or so, her one year mark.

Also, she has a return date of December 6th. Home for Christmas then back to college.

A little more about where she is: There is no electricity, some generators; no running water unless you collect rain; they go to the mainland to bathe in the river; they bring all their food with them, no local food or water!; no flushing toilets, they are at the end of a crude pier where they go in the water; needless to say they do not fish or get in to the water around the island; there are no vehicles, you can walk from one end of the island to the other in five minutes; consequently there is virtually no crime; the chapel is built out over the water; Look for more on the Kuna people and Mormon Island as they call it online. Very amazing for Hermana Schumacher to experience an indigenous Central American people who's legends led to many of them immediately accepting the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment