Sunday, June 2, 2013

Island Paradise 4-30-13








SO much fun! it was one of my favorite P-days. We went to Toboga an island off the coast of the city. We went with the Young Single Adults from the stake. It was fantastic. haha. We ran into tons of people there. People from the stake and other members talked to us. It was so funny to hear the people say... and whisper, look the missionaries look, haha. it was super chill and beautiful. So I have changes for sure on the 15th. Don´t know to where, but its coming. I definitely needed a good p-day with friends.


We are tracting all the time. We start our day at 1 pm cause I´m training so we have extra study time in the morning. We tract or have appointments all day until 9:30 at night. Then we plan and hit the sack cause we´re dead tired EVERY night.

My comp is learning English. I make her have conversations with me, tell me stories from the past to practice past tense and tell me what she wants to do when we get home from the mish to practice future. She hates and loves it! I tell her that when she comes to visit my family in the states, I´m not going to translate everything for her! haha

We went to the temple last night. It was great. The Spirit is so strong on the temple grounds.

Us mish are planning a talent night on the 11th. Hope all goes well. We don´t have much time to plan.



So one experience this week was being one of the people hanging out the door of a diablo rojo, the crazy school busses that they use here. The bus was so full; I was one of 3 people hanging out the door. We´re crammed in these busses. The two men that were there had their arms around me to hang onto the bus and keep me from falling out. haha gotta love these busses. I´ll miss them when I go home. oh and for people who know Panama City... which is hardly anyone, they took out all the diable rojos in the city and put in more metro.... metro doesn´t have the capability to serve the same way as diablos seriously.... but what´s funny is that the drivers of the metro are just ending up being the crazy psycho drivers from the diables! it´s awesome.... just imagine a city bus in the states, packed like sardines and driving with the door open and whipping in and out of and between cars and honking at everything. It´s hilariously thrilling.  I love it. meto diablos in the city! haha


So the other day we were walking and ran into a lady who goes to the gym with us in the mornings. We started talking with her and while we were taking her number down this teenage girl who was in her school uniform with two friends stopped and said, hey aren´t you the Mormons? we were like... yeah.... and she said quickly, I want you to come to my house!, we were like without words.... serious, I tried to think quick, told my comp to continue talking with the lady and I went and took the number and name of this joven (teenager.) It was a fun mish experience. haha

Okay, well I´m out of here.


Hermana Schumacher

No comments:

Post a Comment