Sunday, October 27, 2013

Back to City Life Veracruz - Panama City Area 9/23/13

This change will be amazing. About my hija. (Sasha's new companion is a brand new missionary.) Hna L happens to be amazing. She´s from SLC. Her dad´s Tongan and her mom is Mexican. We will be working hard at her learning Spanish cause it´s the main thing that she is very nervous about. I´m loving the experience of remembering back to my first days in the mish and the crappy feeling of not understanding. We are both pretty chill and we will work well.

Opening an area was a little intimidating, but the members are amazing and want to help us sister mish a ton.  4 elders helped us get settled and are really quite amazing and so kind. The area doesn´t seem too dangerous from what I´ve seen in comparison to my previous areas. but we are getting home at 8pm and being careful. We have had wonderful references and had people come and contact us saying that they want lessons and to go to this church. It´s been a very hopeful start.

I am so excited to be here in Veracruz, a little town in on the beach. It´s gorgeous. It´s like I never left Blas! I thought I´d miss my Kunas but it turns out that all their families live here! I love it! Second night here I saw some Blas people, my people. I was so happy. I can´t describe it. I miss Blas so much. I think about it alllll the time. I feel right at home here though and speak Kuna every day and everything! I know that this was the Lord´s plan the whole time. If I have learned anything this change it´s that I can trust that the Lord knows me and exactly what I need. I love the mish. And I´m so excited to be able to say that my brother leaves for his mish in 2 days!!!! We´re now a double missionary family!

Love you all,
Hermana Schumacher

No comments:

Post a Comment