Sunday, December 30, 2012

12-10-12

okay, so, I have so much to write and so little time! that reminds me of when I only had 30 min in the CCM. sucked! anyway... so random little things first... Elder Christopherson is coming in January. we may be getting 2 new sisters in our house next week! yay! that means that I almost def stay in this area! I hope so! I can't handle leaving right now! transfers are next week... For Mother's Day we had a mariachi band in the church! way fun. 2 trumpets and a bass and reg guitar. I got my package at the Christmas party last Tuesday. came right in time. but I'm not going to open all of it. I already grabbed my shirt and shorts. they were poking out so I knew it was from you. the address was ripped off I think by the mish. but I won't open it till our phone call! promise! haha. (No she did not wait, haha) next week we have to figure out what time to call....

Christmas here... we had lights on our house already, so we bought an extension chord! and WE have LIGHTS! yay! haha it's great! it's weird that everyone's got everything all decorated and it's so hot... haha. everyone here is obsessed with the nativity scene. haha they're huge. Christmas trees are everywhere... but it's not like ours. lots of fake trees too.

My comp goes home the next change. not this one. so in feb i think. I want to stay, but Pres Ward's letters sound like I'll be leaving.... it's all good. I'm ready. I'm just going to miss these people soooo much! I have to make sure I take pics!
And Christmas is big. I've heard that the 24th is bigger! and 25th is lazy and you sleep in all day haha. I'm looking forward to it. just another day working as a mish, but it'll all good.
the rains are pretty much gone until May now... I'm going to miss it. I LOVE the rain so much.
fyi, today isn't p-day. we're going to the temple tomorrow, well our zone is anyway... we have a wedding to do in the morning. so we might not go. it was our idea too!!! and they're planning on going to the canal again and I haven't gone yet.... so o well, I'll find another time. I hope we make it to the temple though... I haven't gone for a while and we're so close and who knows where I'll be next change! haha




so some stories this week...
creepy lady. seriously... super creepy... we were headed all the way up into progreso 4 and this older lady (again) was standing there on a hill in front of us. waving us to come. so we come forward and she´s like¨I´ve been waiting for you....¨okay, so we don´t even know this lady! haha. she doesn´t even greet us. she just waves us on and says pasen pasen. haha. so we followed her up to her little house and she contude on into her garden. she took us to the end and pointed to flowers... er regular plants and had us admire them. I then looked over and saw this figure sitting on the ground. it looked like the back of a head with real long hair streaming down but nasty looking like it was tacked onto the head. I then remembered that it´s normal to have life sized dolls for the year cause they burn them for the new year. I looked over and sure enough it was that. it´s like a big scarecrow. but with real hair tacked to the top of it. CREEPY! haha. more happened, but that´s the jist. later during and after the hymn she was like laughing hysterically and yeah... and she said she was pregnant last time. not sure if that´s true. she´s crazy! but I love her anyways... hahaha
so like 2 weeks ago, it was just pouring down rain. It was pday, and I was crossing a river of rain water flowing down the street. I came out of it really wet and without a shoe! one of my flip flops got stuck in the water and I assumed it washed down the hill and flowed into this 2 and a half foot big hole that all the water was rushing into. I was searching for a while shoeless, while the men in the market were all laughing with me. it was hilarious! really... haha later, this lady was like joven joven! I looked up and she was pointing the area that I lost my shoe. I walked up and it got loose! and I chased it down the hill a little while and jumped on it and stopped it! I succeeded and then... a car passed and slashed water all over me. It was the most fun I´d had in a long time! haha I raised my shoe in the air and waved at the men and people standing in the market! yay!! success! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment