Sunday, September 16, 2012

Details 9-10-2012

So I see that the Univ. of Panama is in your town and a stake with four wards, and you are near a hospital, and a grocery store. And way close to the beach. No wonder you are so hot! There is a hospital and I don´t know about a grocery store, but there are lots of chinos which are like little consignment/grocery stores run by the many Chinese people here. We just have a little branch here. The stake center is in Chorrera. Do you Sisters have a cellphone? no, only the nurse, (district and zone leaders have phones too)Where are you shopping for food? like a real grocery store? yes! in Chorrera. we have to take a bus and stuff. it´s all good. I´m grateful for my canvas grocery bag that I brought. and it´s funny, things that are norms in the US are way expensive here and things that are norms here are way cheap. like rice and beans and stuff. you can find everything here from Nutella to yogurt. Are you assigned to a ward area, or stake? branch. my areas include about 6 or 7 neighborhoods. it´s a pretty big area. lots of dying in the heat just walking and walking. What are you eating for member dinners? everyday: rice or rice with beans mixed and chicken. (sometimes beef, fish) oh and papa salads, yum yum

Do you have a dirt floor? or wood, cement? cement. we have the nicest house in the mish. seriously. How's your bed? fantastic. i sleep like a baby sweating in a sauna. I NEVER use a blanket and I wake up once every night or in the morning and pull the sheet over my feet. What is you showers, clothes washing situation like? showers: we don´t have hot water. so it´s always cold. I always look forward to showers... until the breath is sucked out of me cause it´s so freaking cold... haha. I wash my clothes by hand mostly. this last week we walked with our cloths to a laundry mat and washed them there and then carried them back all the way to our house wet... and let me tell you... a wet laundry bag slung over your shoulder... kills!! it´s sooooo heavy! but anyways. we hang them up to dry outside fom the roof beams. How is your Spanish this week? meh, I´m pretty discuraged about my spanish most of the time. I can say what I want to say, but I can´t respond to people cause I can´t understand them... I just CANT understand them... but it´s alright... it´s only the begining of my 4th week. I can´t usually understand everything from my comp. her accent is slow and clear. thank goodness.
How's your hair? ha.... goodbye to beauty, as my comp said to me this week. my hair´s fine. I cut it recently. somedays it´s just soaked with sweat... so nasty nast... my FACE hates it here. it´s just breaking out like crazy and just can´t seem to stop sweating... Does it rain a lot? well... haha funny that you ask. as we walked here... it was gorgeous and sunny. about 5 min after sitting at the comp, the roof just SUDDENLY started pounding. it´s just pouring right now and of course... we don´t have water proof bags, or an umbrella. or anything... gotta love it. it usually rains everyday. when it rains, it pours and there are rivers flowing down the streets. the rain drops are gigantic. and the thunder is like nothing I´ve ever heard before. the other day it litterally shook the couch I was sitting on! NOT joking! Do you have a fan for sleeping? I should probably name my fan. it comes with me to whatever room I´m in in the house. we have two fans and one ceiling fan in our room. the last 2 nights, we´ve had all three in our room. How are your neighbors? dunno really. fine. I love the one family only because they play music all the time. all different kinds too. In English, Spanish, bichata (which I absolutly love) salsa, jazz love it. In this place, I have theme music everywhere I go cause there is always music playing on the streets. I´m learning so much about latin music here just listening to it (and maybe learning how to dance too... dance is SO important for understanding music.... um, yeah, can you say *lightbulb*) Where did you go when you were in Panama City? last week we went to causeway. we walked around lots and rented one of those 4 seat bike peddling things. it was great. it was GORGEOUS. it´s funny how different the city is from our area. it´s like a different world, people, buildings, safety, and things. the city and water remind me a ton of Seattle, the water and ships and boats, the gray city, the dark rain clouds and the green green green all around and on the hills. yeah, a lot like Seattle. just a bit more heat here....... How was your flight down there? Rinky dink plane, or modern? nice plane. hardly anyone on the plane so I scooted over to the window seat. Have you received and packages? no nothing yet.... gotta wait for the week of changes. Why can't you figure out your Chacos? dunno, I have soars and stuff and they like stick to my feet and rub.. dunno... I almost want to send them home and have you get me another pair of tevas... Where are you emailing from today? in Progreso in a little internet cafe filled with the neighborhood kids playing computer games... haha. it´s next to a chino and our laundry mat. spiritualness.... so yesterday NONE of our appointments were at home... my comp didn´t know what to do.. I never know what to do... haha, so she prayed and I listened and we walked and walked and walked (sounds like the pioneer song in the primary hymn book... haha) while passing houses, I had a feeling that we should go to the other side of the houses, but I didn´t even know if we could... I asked my comp if there was a street on the other side and she said yes, so we walked over there and found one house that seemed open for visitors. the two women there were so kind and listened to our message. The other night something similar happened when we were walking because our citas all fell through. we started right off and I turned to a house and just headed for it, knowing that we were going to teach there. the door was open as I was hoping and we taught there. the women was with her like 3 or 4 year old son and she started crying when we started talking about families and if her´s was important to her. she is in the process of separating from here esposo and... yeah, it was perfect. I´m excited to cont to teach her. we have tons of appointments this week. it´s great. love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment